Hello everyone, my name is Hannah Bauer (Ms. Bauer) and I will be the new 5th grade teacher here at Lyle Elementary. I just graduated in May from Winona State University and I am so excited to start my first year of teaching here as a Lyle Lion! Ever since I was a little girl, I have always stated that I was going to be a teacher when I grew up and I think that stemmed from my little sister, Julia, who has Down Syndrome. I have always tried to be the best role model I could for her and I think she has taught me more about how to be fair, patient and loving than any textbook ever could have. I cannot wait to see what this school year brings for not only myself but for my class and the community. This is going to be a great school year and I hope everyone is as excited as I am to see the outcome.
I strongly believe that every student that walks in to our classroom will leaving knowing that:
1. Not every day will be great but there will be something great in every day.
2. Working together is better than working alone.
3. Some days it may be more challenging but the challenges are what make us stronger.
4. Everyone makes mistakes, even myself. It is what you do with those
mistakes that counts.
5. I believe in each and every one of my students and their ideas and voice matter.
Each of these ideas are at the core of my teaching philosophy and can be achieved through collaboration, hard work, strong relationships, trust and striving to be the best you can be.
"You must be the change you wish to see in the world"
Please feel free to contact me at . I can be reached best before or after school and will typically respond to email within a couple of hours.